Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Milano Eats

Since I have such a backlog in photos, I'm just going to post random meals in non-chronological order.  My blog, my rulez, with a z.

I had a delicious piadine with cotto, arugla, tuna, and cheese for lunch one day near the office.


I don't know why toasty things are so tasty.  But they are.  Crispy tortilla-like shell shattered into the creamy cheesy and bitter arugula, a nice light lunch.

For dinner one night, we sat by the lovely Navigli enjoying the breezy summer night while chomping down on pizza.


I had one with mozzarella di bufala, prociutto, and porcini.  I like prociutto, but it was a bit much for me.  The crust had a great chew but got soggy in the middle.  But the mozz and porcini were tasty.

I also ate various pasta dishes while in Milan.  My favorite being the gnocci with shrimp and zucchini.


The gnocci was like little pillowy clouds of potatoes.  It was lightly tossed with olive oil.  Definitely one of the lightest gnocci dishes I've had.

Going on my mushroom and shrimp kick, I also ate tagliatelle with shrimp and mushrooms.


The noodles were good but I thought the dish was a little too buttery overall.  It was an interesting mix of earthy mushrooms with the light shrimp.

At Malpensa airport, I scarfed down a simple but delicious sandwich.


Just some nice crusty focaccia, smeared with a bright pesto and layered with slices of tomatoes and mozzaralla di bufala.  Sometimes, the most satisfying meal is also the simplest.

No comments: