Friday, September 03, 2010

Bits o' Stuff - Cendol

Shaved ice is probably my favorite dessert.  I can eat it for a meal.  I can make room for it after a meal.  In Malaysia, I tried to stuff as much cendol (the Malaysian version of shaved ice) down my gullet as humanly possible.  My favorite was a drink/cendol combo from a street vendor near our hotel in C-town.



It was a shaved ice made with topped with chewy "pasta" jelly, corn, oatmeal, coconut milk, condensed milk, and the star - gula (palm sugar). Then the whole thing was topped of with creamy chai tea. ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS IN ONE GULP.  Holy cow, it was so good. So good that J-me and I walked around in 100 degree heat the next day looking for the vendor.  We found him after much persistence.  Then we returned everyday while there.


I miss it everyday....

No comments: