Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grand Hyatt Mumbai Eats

I was lucky to stay at the beautiful Grand Hyatt Mumbai for a week, which gave me lots of opportunities to gorge on their awesome buffet.


Like this spread I had at breakfast.  Everything was tasty, but I loved the flat pancake thing on the top, a dal pancake (made with lentils).  I liked the green chutney quite a bit too, it was a bit spicy and went well with the pancake.


And then there was more food for brunch.  Green rice with various butter chicken, curries, and breads.  OMG, the roti was soooo good at the there.  Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  So flavorful that there was no need to eat anything with it.  The plate on the left contained bunch of random Thai/Chinese noodles.  And the small bowls on top were chutneys and  raita.


Then I ate my way thru Indian desserts.  Indian sweets are very very sweet.  They are mostly almond paste, condensed milk, or coconut milk based.  Super tasty, but you really don't need a full plate to feel satisfied.


And you definitely don't need a bowl of yogurt-y saffron-y dessert on top of the plate.  But you should.


More stuff!  I really like the lentil soup in the little bowl and the aloo paneer on the top left.  Love Indian cheese!


Then I ate this random spinach salad thing.  It was actually really good.  The spinach was mixed with chopped nuts and came with a cherry sauce.  Sweet and salty, my fav combo.  The only weird thing was that the spinach was shaped into little hockey pucks.  Who knew hockey pucks can be so tasty.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

yum that looks really good!!