Sunday, August 15, 2010

L'Orangerie du Parc d'Egmont

I ate at the most beautiful garden during a recent trip to Brussels.  You don't believe me?  Check out the view from my seat on the patio of L'Orangerie du Parc d'Egmont.  Told you so.


For my eats on that beautiful day, I had the filet americain and frites, basically a steak tartare.  It was delicious.  



Tender and fresh.  Mixing in the gherkins, chopped onions, capers, and the mustardy mayo, it was the perfect light lunch. There was no stringiness and no gumminess, which are the common issues with steak tartare.  A light salad rounded out the plate.


Gotta get frites with every meal in Brussels.  Super crispy skin holding in the fluffy soft potato innards, dipped in some creamy mayo.  So very simple and so very tasty.  Look at those golden fries.  Best when fresh, but still good to nibble on when cold while relaxing in L'Orangerie with a nice Belgium ale.




No comments: