Sunday, March 07, 2010

Bits o' Stuff - Chocolatería San Ginés

After dinner one night, I dragged my eating companion to the famed Chocolateria San Ginés for some additional but non-essential nourishment, fried dough and chocolate, or churros con chocolate.



It was good but wasn't life altering. Yes, I do expect my food to be life altering. You don't? The churros were great. Very crispy and light with a slightly chewy center. The chocolate was just okay. I would have liked it to be a bit darker and more chocolate-y. It had great texture though, rich and creamy. But since the churros were just a vehicle to scoop the chocolate into my mouth, I pinned a lot of hopes on the chocolate to change my life.

One portion is definitely too much for one person. But definitely come with a friend and try for yourself.

No comments: