Sunday, February 14, 2010

London Part 2

On a blistery Saturday, I made my way to the famed Borough Market and got me some grub, when I wasn't getting pushed and squished.  People, I hate them.  





But Borough Market, it's amazing.  Stall after stall of food stuff, from games to sweets, the whole gamut.  I zeroed in on meat pies as soon as I walked in.  Because, you know, it's British.



Despite the unappetizing grey-brown tone of the mush stuffing, this was actually really good.  The crust was hot, buttery, and flaky.  The stuffing is quite flavorful.  But I'll bet you that you can't tell it was a chicken and veggie pastry just by looking at it, can you.  No, I didn't thinks so. 

After more pushing and shoving thru people, I made my way to a seafood stand that seemed to sell things that still look like the original ingredients.


Their specialty is grilled scallops topped with bacon bits.  So tasty.  The scallops were super fresh and slightly raw in the middle.  Plus, you just can't go wrong with scallops and bacon.  Classic.

Being in London, one must eat Indian food, so eat I did.  I randomly went to a place called Bhatti, more because it had some sign that said best Indian or something.  I am easily swayed by signs.

I started with some grilled lamb chops.  There were delicious.  They were extremely tender and moist, incredibly flavorful with all those warm and fragrant Indian spices.  


To achieve a balanced meal, I opted for the vegetarian platter.  It was quite a platter, some spinich stuff, some potato stuff, some lentil stuff, raita, salad, and gulab jamun.  It came with fluffy rice and an even fluffier nan.  The nan was super tasty.  Softy and pillowy but grilled on one side to give it texture.  The dishes were all good, though my favorite was the gulab jamun.  It was almost pudding like, sweet but not too sweet.  Tasty.


Everytime I eat Indian, I am reminded again how much I love it.  Yum.




No comments: