Friday, July 17, 2009

Penang - Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Part 2

High tea was available for noshing at Rasa Sayang, so between laying out and knocking back drinks, we had ourselves some class and sat down for some proper tea. Except, I'm pretty sure we substituted the tea for coffee. Nevertheless, we were still classy with our finger sandwiches and pastries.

We each got a three tier tea snack thing, which was really the only reason why we interrupted our sunning and drinking for tea. The top tier held three perfect little pastries. They were as pretty as they were delicious.

My favorite of the three was a green tea macha napoleon kind of thing. Macha cream sandwiched between thin layers of the softest chiffon cake. Shavings of white chocolate topped the cake and dusted with macha powder. Sweet, slightly bitter from the macha, creamy and airy... mmm...


Next up, the cutest little raspberry chocolate cake ever. It was moist and and flavorful. Sweet and bitter all at the same time, as good chocolate should be.


Lastly and J-me's favorite, a lemon curdy tart thing. It was a bite refreshing lemony goodness. Soft custard held together by a buttery crust.


The middle tier was the reason why I love high tea - clotted cream! and strawberry and shortcake. but clotted cream! cream clotted! horray!


So we made strawberry shortcakes with a smear of jam. I love strawberry and cream. In fact, one of the desserts I make at home is mascarpone cheese mixed with sugar over strawberries. drool...


The bottom tier held 3 finger sandwiches. They were so damn cute! The cutest was the tiny herby brioche with grilled veggies.


Then there was a yummy chicken sandwich on ciabatta.


I think the last sandwich was tuna, but really, I could have totally made that up. I chomped it before remembering that I have a food blog.

I was pretty full after eating all these "snacks". But that did not deter me from going back to consuming pina coladas or eating dinner in a few hours, which will be in another post to come. Stayed tuned!

No comments: