Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bone Lick Park




bone lick park, originally uploaded by chrispy!.

I love a deliciously boozy brunch. I blogged about my love affair with boozy brunches long ago. I guess I have not out grown them. Eh, oh well.

I was lured to Bone Lick Park by the promises of bottomless bloodies, mimosas, and margaritas. Our drink orders were taken as soon as our behinds hit the chairs. So far, so good.

I got the pulled pork sandwich with scrambled eggs and potato au gratin.  It was...  sad.  The potatos were COLD!  I really hate it when food comes out cold.  Argh!  The pulled pork was pork chunks rather than the chopped NC style.  It also had a sticky sweet ketchup based bbq sauce rather than the vinegar based one that I love.  I was... sad.  

My sad cold potatos

But the drinks kept coming.  The waitress did not let our table go dry.  I like it.  It's kind of hard to screw up mimosas since OJ can cover all multitude of sins.  The bloody mary was fine too, not the best, but good for being kind of free.  We even got to sit around with fresh drinks while our check was being processed. 

Mimosas!

I don't know if I will be going back there again because there are other AYCD brunches to be explored.  But I know where to go if I just want to drown myself in mimosas.  Mmmm... mimosas...  

No comments: