Wednesday, May 25, 2005

groovy kind of love

My friends say that I have an addictive personality. I like to think of myself as an enthusiast. When I like something, I won't ever get over saturated... until I get distracted by something else.

When I first had the exquisitely made grasshopper at Angel's Share, I was instantly ... enthused. My love affair with anything creamy made me an easy target for this classic cocktail. Spiked melted mint ice cream in a martini glass - my kiddie cravings delivered in a decidedly adult package.

Long wait lines at Angel's Share and nasty NYC weather never deterred me when my ethusiasms hit. Grasshopper was the apple of my eye, my bee's knees. That is, until one day, I met groovy.

Groovy is an Angel's Share concoction. Think of it as a Japanese mojito, well balanced and understated. Instead of mint there is shiso. Nothing tastes quite like shiso. slightly grassy, slightly minty, and very very unique. Shaken with vodka and lime juice, it's the perfect summertime cocktail - crisp, refreshing. But then the shiso is complex enough to keep me... enthused.

No comments: